Saturday, October 23, 2010

Truth

I'm so worried about her. So very worried. But it's more than that, because people always say she doesn't tell the truth in it's entirety...so what if she isn't this time?! Then I feel stupid for being so worried about her...but even having that thought makes me feel horribly guilty, like I'm betraying her.
I believe her. Don't I?

I think it's human nature to exaggerate, to try and portray things as they really felt to us at the time, it's why the fish was "this big" and it's why a newborn baby is "the most beautiful there ever was", it's why we could "eat a horse" or why we feel "like I could die". When you can't let others in side your head, you have to use the words to paint them a picture of what it feels like for you.

I guess that's my random thought for today, while thinking about truth I found myself realising how it's different for everyone, and how everyone exaggerates sometimes to enhance the story or to make you understand how something really was. I don't think you can hold that against a person, especially not someone you love.

How do you save someone else, when you can't even figure out how to save yourself?

R-Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment