Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day One!

So, first day over...wow. That was difficult- and I didn't even manage to stay silent the whole day!
A number of little mishaps, usually when someone asked me a question while I was focusing on something else (like a worksheet, or my computer or whatever). A total of six accidental sentences today I believe! Haha that's pretty bad, although all up I guess they only took up how much I would say in  5 minutes of a day. Still, feels like a fail! Oh well :). I'll go again tomorrow!
I did not start out well this morning...left my notebook at home (doh!) so was using post-its if I needed to say something for a good portion of the day haha, and I didn't plan for getting a call on my mobile (I'd change the voicemail but obviously I can't do that now!)
My bus driver also asked which stop I wanted for the first time this whole year- couldn't believe it!

So, what have we learnt...
1. Remember your notebook!!
2. Record a voicemail explaining beforehand.
3. Figure out a way to remind yourself that you're not meant to be talking- after my slip-ups today I had a bandana (coincidentally bandana day coming up soon!) tied onto my wrist which helped because even if I'd been working on my own for a while I kept seeing it and remembering. No idea why this works but the memory trigger was actually really helpful.

Anyway I think that's it, I'm ready to try again tomorrow now!
R-Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment