Sunday, February 20, 2011

Fate's dice

Hey, I don't know if anyone is still checking/reading this, but if you are I'm sorry it's been taking me so long to update...I just got wrapped up in starting university! RJxox

Vision blurring, this feels as if the world is playing a cruel game of sadistic deja vu. A roll of fates dice determines whether the odds will keep this tired and broken heart beating, one more time.
"Rosie...Rosie! Honey? Do you hear me sweetie?"
I guess fate's dice are loaded when it comes to me- well that or this is just something else to add to the long list of things I've failed at.
"Rose, please, you have to say something, can you hear us?"
It must be an illusion as two anxious faces hang over me, I can't believe this is what it took to force my warring parents together. It feels wrong, I open my mouth to protest before I realise what I'm doing. The sound I finally choke out is more groan than word, my mother reaches down to smooth the bed sheet next to me and I realise I'm back on the hospital gurney, tightly bandaged, more time must have passed than I'd realised. I gaze upwards, seeking explanation, surely one of my parents has something to say...my mum sure seemed to before I wound up here...and dad's never been prone to silent anger. In the end the voice to break the silence falls from my left side, just outside my field of vision.
"Look, Rose, you wouldn't open up to me during our session yesterday except to express a lack of regret for your actions..."
Psychologist? Doesn't this guy ever quit? It says something for his perseverance that I recognise his voice in this state I suppose, but I wish he'd just leave, psychologists have always been the bearers of bad news to me.
"...and with the incident this morning I had to make a formal recommendation for your treatment course as you're a minor."
I wasn't seeing the issue here, why was he telling me; like I cared about the trouble I was putting him through paperwork wise. Though my father's eyes were glazed with tears and my mother's eyebrows a downward slant of finality. I had to be missing something.
"Rose...with your parents' consent I've decided that you should be moved to the Sanctuary to receive rehabilitative care until such a time as you are no longer a danger to yourself."
The words settle around me, bloated with finality, tinged with pity. The Sanctuary, I've heard about it, a regular modern day asylum...I've never even heard of anyone going there though...how can they send me there?! Uncontrollable tremors wrack my frame as the sobs begin to build, I thrash and scream at the world until a slight prick on my arm enters my awareness and I drift off, realising they've drugged me.

6 comments:

Sprinkles123 said...

Hello! I'm still reading this, and it's good so please don't stop! I hope you're enjoying uni! x

ettie said...

I still reading!!!
love it as usuall

Love you wonderful!

R-Jay said...

Thanks :) .. Sprinkles (Ruby?), I'm not going to stop! I'm just fitting it in around uni. xx

J said...

i would love to read more if there is any, please do keep writing!

lost in dreams said...

Finaly read the intire thing. Sorry it took me so long. Your writing is truly amazing. I really can't wait to read more when you can fit it in.

R-Jay said...

Thanks guys :) I have been totally stalled at this point for so long, but I'm hoping to get some more in soon!

Post a Comment